“Steve was an excellent instructor. It helps that he can connect with his trainees on a personal level so that you feel like you are simply within a group of friends talking.”
Video production is accessible, affordable and fun whatever your business size.
- Video makes it much easier to get your message across
- Your clients are more likely to watch and share video over text
- Google loves it and is 53 times more likely to show you first if you have a video
- Videos are more emotive than text and better at building trust
- Business videos help differentiate you from the competition
- Crucially, videos increase conversions and sales rates!
"Steve was friendly, approachable and obviously very knowledgeable. He kept things simple for us though, which was excellent."
- Plan a video for optimal success, including identifying the correct audience and platform to present it
- Record audio so it sounds professional and clear
- Set up your shots so they are on-brand and are visually interesting
- Tell your story and make effective explainer videos
- Interview others for testimonial or training videos
- Get the best out of your smartphone camera’s settings
Who is the workshop for?
The course is designed for self employed and small businesses. Ideally you will already be doing some of your own marketing, with an idea of your target market, where they ‘hang out’ and the best way to reach them.
Do I need any prior knowledge?
Everything taught is at a simple beginner level, so no prior knowledge is necessary. You will only be taught what is essential to getting started making simple, yet effective video marketing content!
Do I need a specific phone?
No! You can use both Android or iPhone! The newer the phone the better the camera will be, but even smartphones from 4 years ago have good enough cameras!
Do I need anything else for the course?
I recommend preparing yourself by downloading the ‘filmic pro’ app from your phones app store, this is the app we will learn on the day. Other than that, just bring a notepad and pen to make notes. Or if you’re really high tech, an iPad!
Why is editing not included on the course?
I feel that editing isn’t a subject that can be covered in a short period of time. People learn software at different speeds. That’s why I’ve created the online course, it’s an opportunity for people to learn editing at their own pace, go over bits they need more understanding of and really get to know the art of editing. I’ve seen a lot of so called professionals who don’t consider their editing enough, resulting in videos that have silly mistakes that avert the viewers attention from the key message of the video. My online course aims to highlight these mistakes and correct them so your videos are a cut above your competitors!
Will I be as good as Stephen Spielberg by the end of the day?
That is beyond my control, but if you work really, really hard….. probably not!
We are aiming to use simple techniques that sell your business well, that is all!
If you have any further questions about the course – please get in touch!